Thursday, March 22, 2007

Circle: The set of points in a plane that are equidistant from a given point O.


Hi all(who is the all? One or two poor souls who still read my blog:-))

I never ever thought I would be able to make perfect Dosas. As in round in shape, thin and crispy.
I didn't get much of a chance to try and make Dosas when I was in my home town. I even blogged about the various shapes of Dosa I make and how each turn up in the shape of each continent. After moving out of house, came the need to start cooking. So I was introduced to cooking and kitchen. Plastic surgery would have invariably been done on every Dosa I make. 4 months and I think I had given up.
I was proved wrong today. Made around 15 Dosas. Every Dosa was perfect, no plastic surgeries!! Crispy too!! Just like how my mom makes. That made my day! May be a very small thing for many. But an accomplishment for me. The challenge is in keeping it up consistently:-)

Disclaimer: The picture of Dosas is not of what I made today, they were even better than these:-) I pulled it from here.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats!!

you are on the right track.. persistance alone pays off when making a round dosa !!

:)

AruneM said...

one of the poor souls says - pls keep up the spirit and the momentum till i visit ur place someday.. but i would really mind Tamilnadu or Singapore shaped dosas..!

Anonymous said...

15 Dosas!!! Where did you make them? Office canteen? :)

Just kiddin ...


Sathya

Divya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Divya said...

Sundar>> Yup, persistence it is!!

Arunem>> Thanks for being one of the poor souls:-)I assure that my dosas would be perfect illustrations for the title of this post!

Sathya>> 4 adults in a house, dont you tihnk 15 is a reasonable number? Now I know why you are called chikki:-)

Anonymous said...

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

Thats damaging X-(

Arvind Suresh said...

Do you have a secret recpie to make them perfectly round and crispy?? would love tohave it :P

Ram said...

He he. Each human being will be proud of their own achievments even if it is nothing. I too feld the same when i successfully made my first chappathi. :)

Divya said...

Sathya>> Man, was that damaging? I never knew:-)

arvind suresh>> Practice is the recipe:-)

ram>> I know that feeling!!

Anonymous said...

8 months since I had home made dosas :(( The dosas I eat in Saravana Bhavan are not counted

Divya said...

KD>> Come to B'lore for some delicious Dosas served with love! yeah, I wouldnt think of Atlanta to be the best place to have Dosas!

cm chap said...

From the day I landed in North America for onsite assignment Dosa's have become luxury..except for few dyas when I pay 7 dollars for plain dosa..Hmm waiting to come back to chennai atleast for Dosa..