Skip to main content

Kaasu Mela

Place - Commercial Street, Bangalore

Time - Some weekend over last month

There was a small shop selling trinkets, me and my sis decide to check it out. I spot a black bracelet. Na, its not a bracelet, if you have attended mechanical workshop classes, you’d be knowing something called O ring. What caught my interest was an O ring that you could wear as a kind of bangle. Looked cute. I took 3 O rings, and asked for the price. The shopkeeper says ’10 bucks’, which I perceive as ’10 bucks per piece’, I am like, ‘Oh that's exorbitant for a rubber ring which you find in the workshops like dirt, I’ll pay only 20’ , ‘No Ma’am, its 10’, ‘No, 20’. Then my sis interrupts telling, ‘you nut, he’s telling it is 10 bucks for all the 3 O rings you’ve taken’. I gave out that sheepish, docile smile, and handed out a 10 ruppee dinero.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey
Long time indeed !
Wats up..
AruneM said…
More than anything , Im happy that the joke is now available for all to read and enjoy !
The Black King said…
Wow! I thought it happened only in fiction! :D
cm chap said…
Ha ha.. he wud hv thot u as sucha dumbo!!!
Arjun.C.N said…
Office la romba neraya PAY panrangala???
Beautiful Mind said…
So, its a loss of 10 bucks for him and gain of 20 for you.. Good Deal !!
Divya said…
Vivek>> Nothing much going on...Dint know u had a blog up and running in wordpress.


arunem>> You are so happy to see that I am proclaiming my dumbness, is it!
Divya said…
the black king>> Well, does happen in reality too!

cm-chap>> I myself so so dumb about that.
Divya said…
arjun>> I only wish.

A beautiful mind>> Yeah, right, a good deal indeed!

Popular posts from this blog

Lokmanya Tilak and a young couple

Date :Sometime in December 2005 Time :11:00 Pm Place: Aboard the Lokmanya Tilak Kurla Express train Once when I was travelling back to Cbe, this happened. I was alloted a side upper berth....Nearby there was a young newly wed couple...ONe of their seats was right under me...and the other was in the adjacent bay, side lower. When I was about to start to the slumberland...that newly wed guy told me, "i dont have my mobile now, could you please keep an alarm in your mobile for 3:00 AM and wake us up..We have to get off at Salem" "Ya, OK..no probs...", I told. And the wife slept in the side lower under my berth and the hubby in the adjacent bay... At 3:00AM, my mobile Sang its "we will rock you"..I promptly woke...Tried to reach the girl from my berth itself and wake her..It wasn't possible...So i got down, woke that girl up..and went back to my berth... I kinda lost my sleep. I heard the girl getting up and waking her hubby...he told, "Salem is half ...

Musings and a bad movie

Hi all... I was thinking about something today.When I go out on my own or with my friends in crowdy places, I find myself kinda on an alert mode. You can see all sort of guys trying to hit on you(physically), a brief grope or a little brush on your side. So I always have my fists clenched ready to attack if any nuisance arises. And I have blown punches a couple of times too. Am not a martial arts expert, but in a crowdy place, just showing your courage in a small way can take a guy off guards and make him run away. They just hope that the girl would not rise a hue and cry over a thing like this, which they might think as a very small insignificant act. But when they see a vehement protest coming, they just back off, not wanting to involve in any sort of trouble. But, when I go out with my parents, I have never encountered anyone trying to make a pass. Being with parents is kinda a shield. I can be myself, carefree. I was just wondering why are some guys programmed this cheap? I saw a m...

Denial of Service

Hi all.. Something irritating... In my pc, I got both win98 and winXP installed. And sometime for like 3 months, I dint have any anti-virus software on my machine, but I was using the internet as usual. And when I finally installed anti-virus and scanned my machine, it had some 500 viruses, worms, trojans and lot of variants. I cleaned up the system.Now this a bit of history I find that in XP, when I connect to the net(I still use a dial-up connection), it connects, but doesn't let me do anything with the connection, as in if i try to go to any website, I would get the message,"please connect to internet" or so. Even yahoo messenger and MSN messenger were not connecting, while I am connected to the net. Strangely , when i reboot and startup in win98 and connect ot net, I would be perfectly able to browse, my chat client also would connect, et, al. So I dint bother as somehow I am able to access the net. But, you see, win98 is not something I would call cool, when co...