Skip to main content

Bengalooru

[UPDATED]



Hi all...
Read in todays The Hindu that Bangalore is gonna be called Bengalooru from November, 2006 onwards...So kannadigas also are taking are into this renaming spree....
And in the Tagged!! post, I had tagged Gokul, who has done one just a week ago and requests not to be tagged, me thinking of who I can tag...Let it be Gangadhar...

So long then...
Byee

Comments

Jagan said…
guess wht bengaleru means - town of boiled beans
Divya said…
jagan>>Apdiyaa? i dint know dat..interesting...is tht region known for beans cultivation or something..?
Anonymous said…
Once again a difficult time for many organisations who have to get their names changed.

Now many colleges and schools which have their names as Bangalore now will have to change.

Got to be a good time for the printers and other allied companies.

suresh
Krish said…
PeNgaL-oorukku kilambitteengaLaa? Adhu sari, neengaLum peNN dhaane :-)
Anonymous said…
hi divvs,

trust me none of us want the change...
the sick politicos just dont know what to do of the NEGATIVE publicity the city has been getting lately and so what do they do?

THEY DECIDE TO CHANGE THE NAME!!!!


hey have a nice time in blr...
i just landed in hyd today


sathya
Thanku Oh generous one!
btw Bengalooru romba kulloora irrukkume..
All the best and njoi!!
Divya said…
Suresh>> Yup...and what a waste....


SAran>>Hyd was called bagyanagaram...?thats news for me...I dont think telugus will fall behind a lot...mebbe next we can expect tht change...
Divya said…
Thennavan>> aahaa kavidhai, kavidhai.(read in kamalHasan's style...:))

Sathya>>More than that i tihnk its a kinda hypocrytic pride that drives them i think....

Gokul>>romba kulura?romba romba kuluru....neway tx

Popular posts from this blog

Lokmanya Tilak and a young couple

Date :Sometime in December 2005 Time :11:00 Pm Place: Aboard the Lokmanya Tilak Kurla Express train Once when I was travelling back to Cbe, this happened. I was alloted a side upper berth....Nearby there was a young newly wed couple...ONe of their seats was right under me...and the other was in the adjacent bay, side lower. When I was about to start to the slumberland...that newly wed guy told me, "i dont have my mobile now, could you please keep an alarm in your mobile for 3:00 AM and wake us up..We have to get off at Salem" "Ya, OK..no probs...", I told. And the wife slept in the side lower under my berth and the hubby in the adjacent bay... At 3:00AM, my mobile Sang its "we will rock you"..I promptly woke...Tried to reach the girl from my berth itself and wake her..It wasn't possible...So i got down, woke that girl up..and went back to my berth... I kinda lost my sleep. I heard the girl getting up and waking her hubby...he told, "Salem is half ...

Musings and a bad movie

Hi all... I was thinking about something today.When I go out on my own or with my friends in crowdy places, I find myself kinda on an alert mode. You can see all sort of guys trying to hit on you(physically), a brief grope or a little brush on your side. So I always have my fists clenched ready to attack if any nuisance arises. And I have blown punches a couple of times too. Am not a martial arts expert, but in a crowdy place, just showing your courage in a small way can take a guy off guards and make him run away. They just hope that the girl would not rise a hue and cry over a thing like this, which they might think as a very small insignificant act. But when they see a vehement protest coming, they just back off, not wanting to involve in any sort of trouble. But, when I go out with my parents, I have never encountered anyone trying to make a pass. Being with parents is kinda a shield. I can be myself, carefree. I was just wondering why are some guys programmed this cheap? I saw a m...

Which of the following do I read?

Hi all.. Last I was starving for some good book to read..Was vetti too...But I dint get one. Now I got work to do. But there has been a flood of books, which one shall i read first? --------->God Father-Mario Puzo --------->If Tomorrow Comes-Sidney Sheldon --------->The Brethren-John Grisham --------->Love in the Time of Cholera-Gabriel Garcia Marquez My personal Choice is God father...What say?