Skip to main content

Funny incident #2

Date: sometime in mid 2004
Time; Lunch time
Venue: Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Anna Nagar, Chennai
Occasiion: Class Industrial Visit

Me, Ms.Y and a coupla others shared the same table in the restaurant. All of us were having meals. And I finished eating first, and after i came back to my table after washing my hands, I found that there was a glass of watermelon juice on my table in front of my chair...I thought, perhaps, every meals was complemented by a juice and I happily drank that...When Ms.Y finihed her lunch, she was waiting for her watermelon juice, and alas it never came, when she enquired about this to a bearer, he said,"oh madam, you need to get a tocken for the juice from the counter paying Rs.40..."...We were kinda taken aback as in how was I served when I hadn't ordered. Before we could clarify, we were rushed up to get into the bus so that we would reach the industry on the appointed time...In the bus, one Mr.X asks Ms.Y, "How was the watermelon juice?"...OOOOooohhhh, so thats the story. Mr.X ordered a juice for Ms.Y and asked the bearer to take it to our table and serve it to the girl there, and that bearer, finding that the table was free only in front of me, placed it in front of me and I drank that happily..:-) when this story was realized, I really dont know who was the laughing stock....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Messy!

You could call some days happy, some sad, some even in-between.   For me, today has been a messy day, till now.   After breakfast, I decided to have a lime & mint juice, and somehow manage to feed my salwar too.   For the afternoon lunch, the soup I had was coriander & garlic soup. I am this person who cannot talk without gesticulations. I was rattling a lot of non-sense to Vidya, my team-mate and friend, while having soup. No prizes for guessing, I spilt the soup all over my salwar and some on Vidya’s too. Yikes. Before you start wondering what a messy person I am, I usually concentrate on my food religiously, not letting go off even one morsel’s taste away. I love eating tasty food, and consciously enjoy the gustatory sensations they transmit.   Now here I am, smelling of a combination of Eva Deo + Archies Chill! Perfume + lime + mint + coriander + garlic.   God bless my cubicle-mates.

Lokmanya Tilak and a young couple

Date :Sometime in December 2005 Time :11:00 Pm Place: Aboard the Lokmanya Tilak Kurla Express train Once when I was travelling back to Cbe, this happened. I was alloted a side upper berth....Nearby there was a young newly wed couple...ONe of their seats was right under me...and the other was in the adjacent bay, side lower. When I was about to start to the slumberland...that newly wed guy told me, "i dont have my mobile now, could you please keep an alarm in your mobile for 3:00 AM and wake us up..We have to get off at Salem" "Ya, OK..no probs...", I told. And the wife slept in the side lower under my berth and the hubby in the adjacent bay... At 3:00AM, my mobile Sang its "we will rock you"..I promptly woke...Tried to reach the girl from my berth itself and wake her..It wasn't possible...So i got down, woke that girl up..and went back to my berth... I kinda lost my sleep. I heard the girl getting up and waking her hubby...he told, "Salem is half ...

What a year!

Hi folks, After my starting to blog, this is the longest hiatus I've taken, not without reasons though. Lots of changes in life this year and they gave me a hands full. Used to be in India. Not anymore. Used to be working. Not anymore. Used to be single. Not anymore. In a span of 20 days in July, I got married(to my best friend), quit my job, moved to another country and started going to school for my Masters studies. So, you see, I had little time for everything else. Initially, I started blogging to share/record my experiences, ramble about any random feeling I might go through, just to yap any sense/nonsense. But now that I have my hubby to whom I do all these things to, blogging has not been so very necessary for the same purposes in the recent past. But I do want to keep writing. Maybe with a different flavor. Here's a hi5 to my restarting blogging!