Skip to main content

Philosophical...who me?

Hi all…
Blogging back after a few days…
I finished ‘The Da Vinci Code’ by Dan Brown, yesterday….
A cool book it was…Man, I want to visit France, esp. Musee de Louvre, and to all those exotic places over there…
Jesus married Mary Magdalene , his blood line is still perpetuating as the Merovingian clan…hmm…quite interesting.
Yesterday in the class, during the Profcom hour there were some impromptu speeches. One by Arvind was thought provoking, about choosing the career.
I would have chosen History or some renaissance art as my career, if choosing the career was not such a big deal of research before joining college (which made us weigh the monetary gains of becoming an engineer).
Nevertheless, Engineering is quite interesting too. Being an Engineer, we are being trained to question anything and everything under the sky (how many do that is in an entirely different domain, though).
Here in India young students are actually not given the choice of choosing their careers, theirs parents do it for them. Peer pressure, Media hype about a particular profession, and all the lore (like, the uncle in the third house down the street has his son in the US, and earning a lots of dollars blah blah blah….and stuff), are also fuelling giants, in career decisions.
Whatever be the phenomena now, I think (hope) the next generation will not be like this. I feel ours is a buffer generation, that is, a generation torn between modernity and traditional paths, a sort of ‘neither here nor there’ sorts.
Also next generation weddings (if at all the institution of marriage is going to be held high) are going to be mostly ‘love’ marriages (at least 80% ?), and the previous generation had arranged marriages (here again, at least 80 %).
And what about us, the buffer, the confused and the trishanku generation…? Well, we are neither here nor there….. (tough proportions, aren’t they?…haha.)

Thought for the day:
Caesar’s wife should be above suspicion(applicable to today’s seers too;-))


Comments

AruneM said…
And what about us, the buffer, the confused and the trishanku generation…?
Arranged Love Marriages..? probably !

Popular posts from this blog

Lokmanya Tilak and a young couple

Date :Sometime in December 2005 Time :11:00 Pm Place: Aboard the Lokmanya Tilak Kurla Express train Once when I was travelling back to Cbe, this happened. I was alloted a side upper berth....Nearby there was a young newly wed couple...ONe of their seats was right under me...and the other was in the adjacent bay, side lower. When I was about to start to the slumberland...that newly wed guy told me, "i dont have my mobile now, could you please keep an alarm in your mobile for 3:00 AM and wake us up..We have to get off at Salem" "Ya, OK..no probs...", I told. And the wife slept in the side lower under my berth and the hubby in the adjacent bay... At 3:00AM, my mobile Sang its "we will rock you"..I promptly woke...Tried to reach the girl from my berth itself and wake her..It wasn't possible...So i got down, woke that girl up..and went back to my berth... I kinda lost my sleep. I heard the girl getting up and waking her hubby...he told, "Salem is half ...

Musings and a bad movie

Hi all... I was thinking about something today.When I go out on my own or with my friends in crowdy places, I find myself kinda on an alert mode. You can see all sort of guys trying to hit on you(physically), a brief grope or a little brush on your side. So I always have my fists clenched ready to attack if any nuisance arises. And I have blown punches a couple of times too. Am not a martial arts expert, but in a crowdy place, just showing your courage in a small way can take a guy off guards and make him run away. They just hope that the girl would not rise a hue and cry over a thing like this, which they might think as a very small insignificant act. But when they see a vehement protest coming, they just back off, not wanting to involve in any sort of trouble. But, when I go out with my parents, I have never encountered anyone trying to make a pass. Being with parents is kinda a shield. I can be myself, carefree. I was just wondering why are some guys programmed this cheap? I saw a m...

Which of the following do I read?

Hi all.. Last I was starving for some good book to read..Was vetti too...But I dint get one. Now I got work to do. But there has been a flood of books, which one shall i read first? --------->God Father-Mario Puzo --------->If Tomorrow Comes-Sidney Sheldon --------->The Brethren-John Grisham --------->Love in the Time of Cholera-Gabriel Garcia Marquez My personal Choice is God father...What say?