Monday, March 05, 2007

Calvin rocks!(Hobbes too)

When I was in school, I used to read "Dennis, the menace", comic strip in "The Hindu". And I liked it.
Now, pretty recently I've started reading "Calvin and Hobbes", And I am LOVING it. Oh, how did I miss this all these years. But then in these 2-3 months, I've completed all the 80s collection of CnH. And now into the 90s collection.
The parts in which Susie Derkins comes are so so cute. The way Dennis thinks and expresses are sometimes so brilliant, and Hobbes' maturity in tackling Calvin is legendary. Not to forget two poor souls, aka, Calvin's parents:-)
Calvin's innocence, his cliched things like insurance, UFOs, making new machines, dinosaurus, hate-for-girls, love-for-mom, hate-for-bath, hate-for-rosalyn, Ms.Wormwood, his imaginations with wierd creatures, boy , I am loving this.
Calvin, you rock!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Divya,

Yes Calvin is pretty interestin na....

I am totally impressed/inspired by Garfield these days :)


Sathya

clash said...

Yeah.. they do!!