Skip to main content

Hymns

Hi all..
Two hectic days of conducting mock interviews for our juniors...
Was a good experience...
.......................................
I studied in one of those schools, whose students are branded, "convent educated", which is considered a prestigious tag here.
I love the hymns that we sang during the general assembly every morning. Some lines of certain hymns are my all-time-favourites. I'd give them here. I like the third one very very much.

#1Count your blessings:
Count your blessings; name them one by one
Count your blessings; see what God hath done
Count your blessings;name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the lord has done.

#2:Liberation
There are those who have talents they do not use
To build a true community.
And we know that we all have the talent to love
But leave it burried in ourselves.

#3:in his time
There's a time
There's a time
Both for sowing and for reaping, there's a time
Time for losing, time for gain
Time for joy and time for pain
Every purpose under heaven
Has a time

There's a time
There are days
Weeks and months we cannot understand god's ways
If for years we fail to scan what is his eternal plan
We'll remember that he can all the time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lokmanya Tilak and a young couple

Date :Sometime in December 2005 Time :11:00 Pm Place: Aboard the Lokmanya Tilak Kurla Express train Once when I was travelling back to Cbe, this happened. I was alloted a side upper berth....Nearby there was a young newly wed couple...ONe of their seats was right under me...and the other was in the adjacent bay, side lower. When I was about to start to the slumberland...that newly wed guy told me, "i dont have my mobile now, could you please keep an alarm in your mobile for 3:00 AM and wake us up..We have to get off at Salem" "Ya, OK..no probs...", I told. And the wife slept in the side lower under my berth and the hubby in the adjacent bay... At 3:00AM, my mobile Sang its "we will rock you"..I promptly woke...Tried to reach the girl from my berth itself and wake her..It wasn't possible...So i got down, woke that girl up..and went back to my berth... I kinda lost my sleep. I heard the girl getting up and waking her hubby...he told, "Salem is half ...

Musings and a bad movie

Hi all... I was thinking about something today.When I go out on my own or with my friends in crowdy places, I find myself kinda on an alert mode. You can see all sort of guys trying to hit on you(physically), a brief grope or a little brush on your side. So I always have my fists clenched ready to attack if any nuisance arises. And I have blown punches a couple of times too. Am not a martial arts expert, but in a crowdy place, just showing your courage in a small way can take a guy off guards and make him run away. They just hope that the girl would not rise a hue and cry over a thing like this, which they might think as a very small insignificant act. But when they see a vehement protest coming, they just back off, not wanting to involve in any sort of trouble. But, when I go out with my parents, I have never encountered anyone trying to make a pass. Being with parents is kinda a shield. I can be myself, carefree. I was just wondering why are some guys programmed this cheap? I saw a m...

Which of the following do I read?

Hi all.. Last I was starving for some good book to read..Was vetti too...But I dint get one. Now I got work to do. But there has been a flood of books, which one shall i read first? --------->God Father-Mario Puzo --------->If Tomorrow Comes-Sidney Sheldon --------->The Brethren-John Grisham --------->Love in the Time of Cholera-Gabriel Garcia Marquez My personal Choice is God father...What say?