Thursday, April 07, 2005

An ounce of cricket, a cube of cheddar,a rainy day and lots of STC

Hi all
My study hols are going pretty saggy...
And the climate here is so unpredictable...
Its raining cats and dogs at times and scorchingly hot at others...
I have been going to Nandy's home for our supposed group study(me, Nandy and kaushi) but it so happened that yesterday was gone just in watching the match and eating. I should tell what a host Nandy is when it comes to the dining table especially. She puts like a mountain load of rice on our plates and as little as a few crumbs on hers...Madam is kinda dieting, it looks like.
Let me see what all i ate at her place yesterday, to start with we had cucumber with that chilli powder-salt mix, after that apple juice...
Then a little cricket...Swishhh came the lunch time....
Had Sambar buvva, rasam buvva and curd buvva with appalam and some greens(it was chukkiti keerai, it seems). And then i had cheese, some imported stuff. I love cheese and just grubbed a lot,(though mozzarella would have been better than the cheddar i had).
Of course we were pretty tired and full in stomach after the lunch. So we dutifully decided to rest for some time, again a little cricket....Oh boy, I've almost become a fan of Dhoni...Just loved his gutsy shots...as for his looks he can go for a better, cooler hair-do.
Hey now, time to study, we decided. And did a little bit of STC(for the non-ECEs,STC=Statistical theory of communication). It was 4pm(God only knows how time flies so soon!!!). Eveving snacks came by, the menu was as follows: Tutty-fruity puffs, mini veg-puffs and plum cake, and ofcourse tea. I dont drink either coffee or tea(i kinda can do without the theobromine in tea and caffeine in coffee).
Another thing, namitha and karthik(my cute lil cousins) have come from B'lore. Having a cool time with them as well. Algar, pinni and chinnaina also had come in the evening.
And again today i was supposed to be at Nandy's at 9am, but when i got up and sleepily gazed into my bedside clock, it was exactly 9:-).Well, got ready hurriedly, went to nandy's(nami also tagged along), kaushi hadn't come yet and then again same story as yesterday, but the difference is that today we did learn. Then the trio(me, nan n kaush) went to coll at 6pm and returned kinda 18 books and took some 9 books (Ooooof, why dont they make the engineering books any lighter?).
Again went to Nan's and a little more of thattifying. When we thought we should call it a day, it was 8:45 pm, had dinner of Puri with Paneer gravy and Onion sabji.
Then we thought we should be going(me n kaushi), it started raining like cats and dogs. No sign of it stopping. kaushi decided to stay back. My dad came at around 10pm and picked me.
Realxed with my kiddy cousins playing cards with them(sad that they can only play 'memory' and what is popularly called 'mangata' with cards). And they are all into their slumberlands now.
Here i am sitting in front of the comp, like a zombie, typing all my day's musings...
I dont know why i am recording the petty details as to what i did and most important, what i ate and all. But i felt like doing it and am at work fulfilling my urge...
(by the way couldnt watch serendipity:-( )
Bye all
Happy studying.....:-)

No comments: